- Natural Weed Killer
- Weed Killers
- Organic Weed Killer
- Organic Weed Control If you have a problem with weeds but you want to live a more natural or eco-friendly life, you may be hard pressed to know what weed-killers will work for you. Maybe you have pets or small children and you don't want to risk exposing them to harmful chemicals. Natural weed-killers are a great option for you.
I have four children and a toy breed dog and I know how important it is to keep chemicals away from my family. In my search for the best natural weed-killer for us, I have tried several options. Here is a review of some that you might want to try yourself.
Here are some natural weed-killers to try:
1. WorryFree Organic Grass and Weed Killer- The active ingredient is d-limonene, which is the citrus oil found in the rind of oranges. It's safe enough to use around pets and it has a citrus scent instead of a chemical smell. A 32-ounce bottle of concentrate sells for $6.95 and makes over a gallon of spray when mixed with water.
2. BurnOut Weed & Grass Killer- This is a natural herbicide made with citric acid, vinegar and clove oil. It's strong enough to kill weeds in less than eight hours but safe enough to use around shrubbery and plants. A 2.5-gallon concentrate cost $7.95 and makes 10 gallons.
3. Agralawn Crabgrass Killer- The active ingredient in this organic weed killer is 0.95 percent cinnamon bark. It's used to spot-treat crabgrass and similar tough weeds but gentle enough to use around pets and people. A 2-pound bottle cost $19.95.
4. Vinegar- This is a common household product that's popular because it's safe to use and very effective. The ascetic acid in vinegar is what kills the weeds naturally when poured directly on the weeds. However, it may take two or three applications for tough weeds and it's best used on hot sunny days.
Subscribe to this post's comments using
About William Charlson
20+ years selling Real Estate